Saturday, September 6, 2008

First Week Finished

Well, the first week of our new activities has come to a close. The only thing left is Sunday School for Jacob tonight but that won't be a big deal. Everyone did well (or as well as I could hope for). Jacob loves his new friends and his new school routine. Complete with becoming upset yesterday when he thought I was going to have him stay home from school. Gymnastics was a hit and he is asking everyday when he gets to go back. I have only spoken to one of the kids I mentor but her first week seemed to go well and her classes appear to be ok.

M is settling into his daycare routine and our new routine. The first couple of days were a little rocky but it got better as the week went on. As he feels more secure at home, I am sure daycare will become easier also. I am really not happy with the center we are at. The parents are rude to the teachers, the director appears unorganized and children are often seen stadning in the middle of the room crying. While M seems to be adjusting to it, I do have him on waiting lists for two other daycares. One hopes to have openings in about 2 months. The other doesn't expect an opening for a very long time. I am sure M is safe where he is at but I will definitely move him as soon as I am able to.

No comments: