Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A Day Off

Today is a day off. Well, not completely but definitelly more relaxation that work. I haven't taken a day off in awhile and I could feel it. If I push myself everyday to keep up at work and then run around town with the kids on my days off, I eventually get tired and cranky. I seemed to be getting to that point again.

I woke up this morning tired and just not wanting to do much. It has been a few weeks since I just let the world stop and stayed home. That is what we are doing today. I have done some laundry and dishes but otherwise and am taking the day slowly. The boys and I worked on a coloring project this morning. I heated up leftovers for lunch and we all took afternoon naps. M and I are now relaxing while Jacob is still finishing his nap. I'll probably make some pork chops and mashed potatoes in a couple hours for dinner.

We have not left the house all day today. It has been wonderful! Tomorrow is back to work though. The boys will go to daycare/school. I plan to finish cleaning the house and washing clothes. For today, it is a no stress day at home to just hang out and relax.

No comments: