Thursday, January 15, 2009

Just One Question

I am sitting in my living room listening to my heat run, my gas and elecricity bill climb and thinking to myself. It is suppose to be below zero outside all day with a windchill of -40 degrees. Now, I realize this isn't normal weather for us but still... I hate winter. Every year I dread the start of winter and rejoice at the first sign of spring.

So what is my one question? It is why do I live here? The answer is pretty simple. Family. I am now preparing to go back to graduate school (I hope). When I complete it, I will have options to move again as I begin a new career. Where we end up will definitelly depend on the job market. I am also thinking about areas that I can move to but still be close to my family. I'm thinking up to six hours away. That would put us far south as St. Louis. That might not be bad.

For now, I'm just going to huddle under this warm blanket and dream of summer and lower utility bills.

No comments: