Friday, June 12, 2009

Study Update and Telephones

Jacob finished the study he was involved in earlier this spring. He and I have been reading daily (or almost daily). We actually always have so this was an easy study for us to be in. A student evaluator from the university spent time the past two days testing him. She stated he is "really smart." She also stated that his vocabulary is really good for a child his age and he was able to stay on task better than a lot of kids. It made me feel good to know he is doing well. I began teaching him his address last night. He had most of it down this morning. He also showed me (on a toy phone) how to dial 911 and to tell the operator what the emergency was. I was suprised he already knew how to do that. He also told me not to call 911 unless it was an emergency. Hopefully, he will remember that and I won't have a police officer at my door next week.

No comments: