I have been under a lot of stress lately. My job has been less than pleasant. While I do not feel free to comment on recent activities there, I will say that I have not been happy there in a very long time. I have spent the past four years considering career changes and the past year working very hard at actually changing one.
My current job is getting very difficult to work now that my children are getting older. Jacob is in 4K this year and I really don't feel comfortable pulling him out of school just to spend time with me. I work about 3 weekends a month so that only leaves evenings and 1 weekend a month that I can devote to him. It's just not enough.
I'm not looking for a job that is strictly Monday through Friday but one that is mostly normal business hours. I don't mind working occasional evening hours even a couple times a week and am fully prepared to find a sitter for the occassional evening. It's the weekends that are hard.
I applied for a job earlier this fall and was told I was at the top of the list. I know that they heard good things and checked my references so I am close to getting a job. Then I didn't hear anything. It's been just over a month and I was beginning to think I was passed over. I was feeling very frustrated and sure that I would never get the job that I want and am working so hard for.
Last night I was reminded that God is watching over us and that He knows more than I do. I need to trust him in the job situation and just be patient.
A friend stopped by the house and told me she had spoken to the supervisor for the job I want so badly. Apparently there are going to be a small number of layoffs in the next two months (mostly through attrition) and so they don't want to hire anyone until they know there is a position available.
Now I am grateful they haven't hired me yet. I really can't afford to transfer and then be laid off right away. I need income and just can't afford to go for very long without one. I also have to have a job when I finally get approval to finish M's adoption. That will probably be happening very soon (fingers crossed and prayers said). So it really is better that I wait to transfer until I know that I won't be laid off right away. Two months really isn't that long to wait. After all, I have been at my current job for over 9 years and a few more months probably won't kill me.