Friday, October 29, 2010

Half Over

It is official. The school semester is half over. After going to school full-time, working full-time, and completing an internship, this semester is far less stressful. The problem is that since it's not as stressful, I am having trouble staying motivated to do the work. I don't have to work constantly to keep up so I find myself stalling and thinking I'll just do it later. Instead, I am sitting in my room the night before a major assignment is due trying to pound it out and still have it an A.

Even with my lack of motivation, I am really glad I chose to go part-time this year. I get to see my kids more and even have somewhat of a social life. I didn't want to really go out with friends and without my kids last year since I had so little free time. This year I am really enjoying hiring a sitter and going out occassionally. Who knows? Maybe I'll even start dating again. What I do know is that I am a much better mom when I have time with my kids but also have time to hire a sitter and just soicalize with other adults (and no kids) occassionally.

This school year has been going much better than last and hopefully will continue to go well. Going part-time pushed my graduation back a year to August, 2012 but that is fine. After all, it is only one more year.

No comments: