Monday, August 18, 2008

Growing Up Way Too Fast

Jacob is growing up way too fast. I still cannot figure out where my toddler went that needed me all the time. I am enjoying watching him become more independant and discover the world around him. He has two passions right now. He loves to go swimming any chance he gets and can float for up to a minute with his face in the water. He also loves jumping and watching gymnastics on TV.

I spoke to the gymnastics school today and they stated he can start the 3 year old lessons in September. He will be three at the end of the month so they stated he was close enough. I have decided to start him off with one class a week for an hour. I think it will be plenty for now.

He is also starting Sunday School classes in September. He is close enough to being three that they will let him in the class now. He had to be potty trained but he accomplished that almost four months ago now. I plan to send him to Sunday School with my mom on those Sunday mornings that I am at work.

Of course swimming lessons are coming. That is the only thing I couldn't get him into early. He will start those at the end of October. It is probably good with all of the other new things in his life right now.

The only thing not changing at the beginning of the school year is his preschool classroom. I decided to leave him in the 2 1/2 to 3 year old room for another year. He started in that classroom last April so he has not seen most of the curriculum yet. He is also three years away from starting kindergarten. This will put him in the same class as the other students starting kindergarten at the same time. It will also give him a little bit of consistency while he gets used to the other new programs he is finally old enough for.

No comments: