Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Pills

At dinner last night, I felt a migraine starting. I had just arrived at a resteraunt for dinner. I told Jacob to wait a minute before getting out of the car so I could take some pills. He questioned me on if I felt ok and then waited patiently.

A couple hours later, I logged on to my bank account. I discovered that the mortgage company had deducted my mortgage payment twice leaving me with a very large negative balance in my checking account and an overdraft fee. I also knew that I had a couple of other checks that would be coming soon. I was feeling very stressed and called a friend to talk to her about it. Jacob began acting up and I raised my voice and ordered him out of my room. Of course, I immediately felt horrible for being short with him when he really wasn't doing anything he doesn't normally do.

I made myself settle down and apologized to Jacob. He responded by saying ok. He then asked, "Mom, did you take your pills yet?" Little does he know what that really means in our society. I immediately started laughing and realized that the banking error wasn't nearly as important as I was making it out to be. Seeing my son laugh is much more important.

Of course, I got the banking problem sorted out within five minutes of them opening this morning.

No comments: