Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Welcome M

It is now official. M has become a long term placement in my home. I don't know exactly what long term will mean. No one will tell me exactly what they are thinking. I was told that he will most likely be here for at least a few months. I am still not holding my breath though. There is just so much that can change in a foster care case. A relative could come forward or something could change in court with a judge ordering M's return to his mother. I now know why some people have trouble being foster parents. I also know that it is my job to care for M while I have him.

M is fitting in well and it feels like he has been here much longer than the 5 days it's been. I hope he is here for many more days as he really is a delight. I will pray for M and his mother and hope that everything works out in the best interest for everyone but especially M. For now, M is a very welcome addition to our home. It is so much fun having two children again. I know that no matter how long M stays here, a child will eventually come that will be able to become a permanent member of our family. Until then, I will love the children that come while I have them and wait for the child who God sends to stay.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

I have always thought that must be the hardest thing about foster care -- not knowing if it will be weeks or months or forever.
But how wonderful for M. that he has you and Jacob to be family for him, at least right now.