Sunday, August 17, 2008

Gymnastics

Jacob really wants to learn "nastics." He loves to flip, jump and do somersaults. He is a very physical child so I know he will love it. The problem is that I think he will have a lot more fun in the 3 year old class than the 2 year old class but won't be 3 until the end of September. Of course, the fall semester starts Sept. 2.

Part of me wants to put him in the 2 year old class and see how he does. Of course, he will be older than the other kids. Since he has always been ahead in gross motor development, I am not sure it is the right decision for him. The alternative is to wait until next Spring to enroll him when he will be almost 3 1/2 and the age requirement won't be an issue. I have a call into one of the academies to see what they think I should do. Even just a free trial class to see how he likes the two year old program might be good.

Oh the things I worry about and debate. It is so nice to have the eye problems taken care of and be able to worry about other less serious and important things.

No comments: