Saturday, August 9, 2008

A New Camera

On Thursday I planned to take many great pictures to share with all of my readers. I had found the perfect picture of Jacob sitting nicely with his friend G at church. I grabbed the camera only to discover the focus was stuck and not working.

I cannot go for long without a camera. I am trying hard to only purchase things I need and avoid all of the things I just want. I decided the camera fell somewhere in between. I need a camera if I want to be able to take pictures to post here. I also need a camera to take pictures of foster chidren who spend time in my home. (I am expecting one in a few weeks but am waiting to post more about him until I know for sure.) I also know that I can live without a camera and that paying the bills and buying food and gasoline are much more important.

After thinking about these issues for the past two days, I decided it was time to just buy the camera. I decided it fell somewhere between a want and a need and that I could justify the purchase. The camera I wanted was on sale for almost 20 percent off so I decided it was a good time to buy it.

I got home and grabbed the other camera out of my car. I was going to tranfer the memory card. I decided to try to turn the camera on one more time. It made a funny noise and then all of a sudden began focusing again. My only explanation is that whatever was stuck in the shutter must have been bounced loose while I was driving around town yesterday.

Now I have two cameras and no excuses for not taking plenty of pictures for everyone to see. Maybe I'll even get some of them into Jacob's lifebook.

No comments: