Friday, December 7, 2007

Nap Time Troubles!

First, let me say that Jacob is no where near ready to give up naps. I am not either so I don't see an end to our mid-day naps/quiet time anytime soon. The problem is that we leave the house at 1:40 so that I can get him to the babysitter and me to work before 3.

The past 2 days we have been busy and haven't been able to lay down at 12:15. Both days it was closer to 12:45. After 10 minutes of stalling, Jacob has been lucky to be asleep by 1:00. Last night he fell asleep while the babysitter was still cooking supper. He ate a snack at midnight when we got home and a huge lunch. I predict the same thing today. If only I could switch to dayshift soon!

I am continuing to enforce nap time and will probably do so until he either doesn't need it or I don't need it. Working second shift, it is very important for both of us. It is the only way we by with not going to bed until 1 AM (he sleeps at the sitter's before I get there but is then up for about 1 1/2 hours after I get off work) and getting up between 7:30 and 8 in the morning. He will just need to continue to take the naps that he hates but needs.

No comments: