Tuesday, July 28, 2009

To Do List

School starts in just under 6 weeks. We leave for vacation in 2 days. I was feeling very overwhelmed at the end of last week with everything I had to do. The good news is that I am almost done.

I have finished making all but the last hotel reservation. I am waiting to decide how far we will drive on the way home from Colorado until I see how we are feeling. It is a 14 hour drive so we will be stopping somewhere I just don't know where for sure yet. If we are tired, we will stop in Lincoln, NE. If we are doing well, we may decide to go to Omaha for the night.

I still have several loads of laundry to do. My efforts have been hindered by house breaking accidents, two little boys making baby powder snow shower (or really a blizzard) while I cooked dinner and a few extra changes of clothes after accidents with the hose. That hose really needs to learn how to avoid spraying people.

The house is finally clean thanks to our fabulous house cleaner who came over today. It really needs her talents every week but my budget can barely cover her every two weeks. I love sitting in my clean house after she leaves.

I can't find the air pump for the air mattress so I will be taking a trip to the store tomorrow. Hopefully, I can find a good one that doesn't cost much.

I still need to go to the grocery store after work tomorrow and pack our suitcases. I also need to clean out the van and put our bags and the cooler in it.

I still have a lot to do but am off to a great start. It will get done by the time I go to bed tomorrow. Then we just need to get through the work/school day on Thursday and we can leave! We have a hotel reservation five hours from here for Thursday night so I am hoping to be able to leave home by 4:00 PM.

Vacation here we come!

No comments: