Friday, July 30, 2010

Another Cavity

I have heard that poor nutrition during pregnancy and early infancy can lead to teeth problems. I also know that Jacob had some malnutrition issues when he was six months old so probably was malnuritioned from the very beginning. Thankfully, Jacob has not had the problems with his teeth that some children have but any problems is too much for this mama.

Jacob received his first filling last filling last February and I was hoping it was just a fluke. I was wrong. We went in for his 6 month check up today and the poor kid has a huge caviity. I knew he had been complaining lately about it hurting when he eats certain foods so I thought we might get bad news. I wasn't expecting to have the dentist find the huge hole that he found. The dentist is hopeful they can fix it with just a filling but warned me it might take a crown. Yikes! I don't even have a crown yet! It's in his back molar so one that he will have for awhile (I hope) so I want them to fix it well.

Jacob won't be able to get in to have it fixed until October. Until then, he says he will just eat on the other side. If it gets too bad, I will call back and demand they try to get him in sooner. I guess we will be making another trip to the toy store after he gets his tooth fixed. Anything to make the day a little better for him and me.

1 comment:

Engendo said...

i feel his pain. trust me :)