I can't believe July is 2/3 over already! This summer has been one of the most fun we have had in a very long time. We have spent a lot of time outside just enjoying ourselves. One of the things I love about Summer is that there are a lot of very cheap activities I can do with the boys that we all love and enjoy. Here are some of the highlights so far.
- We have received a personal tour of fire station as well as been able to climb in fire trucks at two local events. For my children, there is nothing more special than sitting in a fire truck and talking to our local heros.
- We made it to the Memorial Day parade and the Fourth of July fireworks. With my work schedule, I wasn't sure we would see either. We did though and they both were a lot of fun.
- We have been swimming A LOT. We have swam in three different swimming pools and often have a tough time deciding which pool to visit. Our favorites are still the YMCA pools. That is one membership we really use a lot and really enjoy.
- We have visited a state park about an hour from here once as a family. The boys also went once with their grandparents. We have another trip scheduled for 2 weeks from now but I may have to try to get there again before that.
- Jacob began learning to ride a 2-wheeler. He asked to have his training wheels put back on a few days later but at least he tried. I will take them off again when he is ready.
- M has just been a complete joy this summer. He found the courage to swim with a life jacket without holding onto me. He was soon jumping in by himself and keeps talking about taking swimming lessons this fall.
- M went on his first field trip on a school bus. He loved it! He goes on another one tomorrow to a local children's amusement park. I hope to join him on a field trip next month.
- We have walked to the park a few times, taken numerous walks around the neighborhood and spent hours outside playing and grilling. I have gone through more charcoal this summer than I usually go through in 2 years. We still have a lot more grilling to do before the season ends.
- We took a weekend trip to Mehaber in Minnesota and enjoyed the trip greatly.
- We attended the local county fair last week. The boys were both tall enough for rides and really enjoyed it.
- Jacob and I enjoyed going on a scavenger hunt and seeing butterflies at the local gardens. We ate ice cream for lunch afterwards. Yum!
Not too bad for two months. Now to figure out a way to cram in as much fun as possible for the next month. If the weather stays nice, we should have a lot of fun!