Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Double Header

I played in my first double header softball game yesterday. The games went well and I had a lot of fun. I played all of the first game and half of the second game including making a pretty good catch on a pop up foul ball at catcher in the first game. We didn't win either game and the second game was pretty ugly but it was fun none the less. I am a little sore since I am defintitelly not use to playing that much catcher today but it is a good sore. One that I will gald take after a fun night with friends and a chance to just take a break for awhile.

The softball team I am on is bilingual. It is a church team and about half the members are from the English speaking services and half from the Spanish speaking services. It has taken awhile for everyone to get to know each other but the friendships are building and the team spirit is definitely there now. As an added benefit, I am getting a lot of practice listening to Spanish and my skills appear to be improving. Or at least, I didn't have to concentrate as hard to understand what was being said around me.

It has been a fun season. We have one month left and I am looking forward to it.

No comments: