Wednesday, February 25, 2009

New Daycare Arrangement and Research Study

While I deal with M's illness, I have some good news. I have been on the waiting list to get M into Jacob's daycare since August. Jacob is in a wonderful daycare with very skilled and caring teachers. He is learning a lot and loves it there (most of the time). I love it because they have a good academic program for the 3-4 year olds as well as educational field trips and fun themes. It is a smaller center where I know all of the teachers and the director. When a problem comes up, everyone is willing to discuss it with me and we work together to come up with a solution.

An example of the quality of care came last night. The daycare center has been chosen to participate in a research study on the effects of a certain reading program with children 2-3 years old. The daycare was one of a handful of centers chosen based on the quality of their educational program. The goal of the study is to increase the children's pre-reading skills and vocabulary.

The director stopped me yesterday to tell me that they finally had a spot for M. He has been first on the list for about 4 months now. He will begin at the new school the second week of March. I was able to transfer his funding today and already sent the paperwork in. I am very excited to have him start in just a couple of weeks.

No comments: