Thursday, February 5, 2009

A Star!

Jacob has had a rough couple of days at school. I don't know if it is because I have had extra time off work and been home or if it is just the mood he has been in. M also had a rough day today and received an "incident report." I was wondering why things were difficult for both of them (currently blaming the weather) and hoping things are easier for them soon.

Jacob had gymnastics tonight. While some nights he is really well-behaved, other nights are more difficult. I was afraid of how tonight's class would go with the way school has gone the past couple of days. I shouldn't have been. While his behavior wasn't perfect (remember he's only 3), it was good. He was easily redirected to the group when his attention (and sometimes body) would wander away. He even earned a new star for his poster! He only has five more skills to accomplish before he moves up a level. I don't know that he will do it before we stop to play soccer this summer but he will be almost ready if he chooses to go back next fall.

No comments: