Tuesday, February 3, 2009

No More Excuses

I was able to get rid of my last excuse for taking in anymore foster children. I purchased a new minivan. I am nervous about the purchse. It has low miles, a waranty for the next 10,000 and was a good price. The problem is that I know very little about cars and what to look for. I called a couple people I thought could help me but they were both busy so I was on my own. I did receive blue book value on my trade-in and able to pay for most of the car without financing. I am still nervous but hoping for the best. Nothing I can do about it now though.

With the purchase of a minivan, I can now take my kids and the kids I mentor places. I no longer have to try to figure out which kids to take where or how to fit everyone in the car. No one will be stuck sitting next to M and avoiding his scratches, hits and kicks. If we are able to take a vacation this summer, there will be room for my kids and our teenage friends (read babysitters).

I have opened myself up to accepting another foster child between 2 and 4 years old. I don't know if they will call me but I do know that I love having children here. I really enjoyed having E in my home but it sounds like they found another home for her to go to permanently. She will be coming for a visit in a couple weeks but only for a few days. Jacob and M will be here for the forseeable future (of course Jacob is a permanent member of the family.) Now my family is truly in God's hands. I am prepared to take any child God sends to me and only ask that He give me the strength and patience to do His work.

No comments: