Monday, March 2, 2009

Good Night Bad Morning

M has been doing much better walking with me. He only asks to hold my hand which I want him to hold anyway. Last night he decided he wanted to sleep in Jacob's toddler bed. He spent the entire night in it. I was so proud of him! I promised Jacob I would buy him a new comforter for his bed if he lets M have his old one.

M woke up full of energy and spunk this morning. I took him to daycare still looking great. An hour and a half later, he had a fever and was refusing to eat. He is on antibiotics but I can see some very ugly drainage coming from his ear. I have an appointment to take him to the doctor again later this morning. He is currently sleeping in Jacob's old bed with fresh tylenol.

I feel very bad for M and realize he is not feeling well. I am just really frustrated with his ears. I have been assured that some children just get more ear infections than others but it still frustrates me. I just want him healthy and feel helpless right now. Hopefully, the doctor will be able to give him a different antibiotic (third in a week) that will work better. Otherwise, I don't know what to do about it. I would appreciate prayers that he begins to feel better soon and the doctors are able to help him.

No comments: