Thursday, March 12, 2009

Yipee!!!!

I was informed I have been accepted to graduate school today. It will be almost a 2 hour drive 2-3 times a week but worth it. I really want to change careers in the next 2-3 years and this will allow me to do it. I know I will be exhausted going to school full-time and parenting my boys. I also know I am not the first mom to go back to school and not the last.

The college I chose is set up for commuter students. I have spoken to other people who made the commute. It is pretty much major highways. The fact I only have to do it a couple times a week makes it doable. I can do most of my internship hours while on my days off work when the boys are at daycare. I can also get a few hours in during the evenings if I have to but I will try to avoid it.

I am nervous about the financing and about the pressures of going back to school. I know I can do it if I can get the money. Now that I have been accepted, I just need to look for scholarships and funding. Hopefully, I will have good news to report on that front soon.

No comments: