Friday, March 6, 2009

Not Really Sick

I woke Jacob up at our normal time this morning. He stated he couldn't go to school because he was sick. I asked him what hurt and he stated it was his tummy and head. I felt his head and thought he might be a little warm. It's often difficult to tell since he has been wrapped up in warm blankets but I thought he might really be sick. M was sick earlier this week with a fever so I thought Jacob might have caught whatever M had.

About an hour later, Jacob woke up laughing and giggling. He asked if he could go shopping for a new comforter for his bed and to go out to breakfast. I asked him if he was sick. He stated he wasn't. I asked him if he was sick the first time I woke him up. He stated he wasn't. He stated, "I just want a Mommy Jacob day."

Jacob and I had a long talk about how important it is not to fake being sick. I called work and told them I would come in for the second half of my shift. Jacob has been acting as though he needed some special attention the past few days. I allowed him to have breakfast with me before going to school just a little late. Hopefully, he learned a lesson and won't fake illness again for awhile. I probably won't be as understanding about it next time.

No comments: