Thursday, March 26, 2009

A Stressful and Busy Week



I have spent much of today apologizing for all of the people I have failed to get back to in the past couple of weeks. This has been one of the most stressful weeks of my life. So what was the big deal? M's mom had a court date this week that could have returned M home without any safeguards or belief that he would be safe. To say that I was stressed was an understatement. I can't really go into details here except to say that there were a lot of people worried. Thankfully, the court decision was for him to remain in my home.

We really haven't done much besides worry and try to lead as much of a normal life as possible. Jacob has decided he just wants a nice quiet night at home so we are skipping gymnastics and staying home. He seems to be getting tired of gymnastics and doesn't seem to enjoy it like he did last fall. I have pretty much decided that next month will be our last month for awhile.

So for now, life continues on. I am ready to enjoy a few days off work. I actually have a weekend off work. That only happens about once a month so it is always exciting. Two of my cats have to go to the vet tomorrow for a dentist appointment. I plan to spend time looking for scholarships and grants for school. I need to make some progress on laundry and cleaning. I also plan to spend time with the kids I mentor and some family time with my boys.

The weekend is suppose to be cold with rain and snow. I am hoping to think of some fun inexpensive activities to do over the next three days. Leave a comment if you have any good ideas for us.

No comments: