Sunday, March 15, 2009

Happy Family Day!

Jacob and I celebrated his second family day yesterday. It has been two years since I took custody of him and he became legally and physically my son. What a two years it has been!

After work yesterday, I took Jacob and M to the grocery store. Jacob picked out cupcakes to share after dinner. We enjoyed a nice dinner with Uncle Chuck, Uncle Chuck's girlfriend Katie, Grandma, Grandpa and M. Jacob got to choose the restaurant and chose Outback Steakhouse. He loves their macaroni and cheese and the bread.

After dinner, everyone returned to my parents' house. We showed (and distributed) the photo montage of Jacob's second year home as well as reviewing his first year home (at his request). Jacob loves watching the montages and was a little disappointed we wouldn't watch it more than one time. We enjoyed the cupcakes and then headed for home. It was a great day to celbrate being a family.

I plan to post his photo motage here either later today or in the next few days. I need to edit it to remove images of the foster children before I post it here. Check back tonight or in the next few days.

I have many feelings and reflections about the past two years I want to share. I hope to do that in the next few days as well. My life (and Jacob's) changed forever two years ago yesterday. I wouldn't change any of it.

No comments: