Saturday, March 28, 2009

Saturday and the Easter Bunny






Not only do I have an actual Saturday off work, I am off the entire weekend. That rarely happens. What is even more rare is a day with nothing that I have to do. I am spending the day just enjoying being a mom to two wonderful boys.

We slept in this morning (read 7 AM instead of 5 AM) and watched some cartoons on TV. About 8:00 we got dressed to go to McDonald's for breakfast and to play on the playground. There were two other boys about a year younger than Jacob there. Jacob really enjoyed being the big kid and teaching the younger boys how to climb up the big steps and work the helicopter blades at the top. They pretended they were flying to their houses to play. M just had fun running around and crawling under the tables. He hasn't quite figured out how to play pretend games with other kids yet.

After breakfast, we stopped at my parents' house briefly before heading to the mall to see the Easter Bunny. Jacob climbed right up on his lap and told him what he hoped to get. He smiled for the camera and we got a very nice picture before I told him to give the next kid a turn. M wouldn't get within five feet of the Easter Bunny but he did enjoy watching Jacob take his turn. That means I can post the picture here since M isn't in it. Maybe next year I can get a picture of both kids.

After meeting the Easter Bunny, we had fun just walking around the mall. We had pretzels for lunch (I know not real healthy) and then went to the bookstore. The bookstore has a table with trains set up for the kids to enjoy. The boys both did a nice job playing and sharing with the other young kids there. After they finished playing with trains, we sat at the tables and read some books.

I could tell the kids were getting tired so we left the mall. They both fell asleep in the car on the way home. Hopefully, they will take a nice long nap before we head to church this evening for the Saturday night contemporary service. I love the contemporary services and look forward to it every week.

No comments: