Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Meeting Jacob Two Years Ago




It was two years ago today that I met Jacob for the first time. I remember how shy and quite he was. He clung to my shoulder or leg and didn't want to let go. I was with him for about one and half hours before he started to go a few feet away to get toys and play. He wanted to make sure I wasn't going to leave and couldn't quite trust me yet.

Now two years later, he is a different kid. He is happy and outgoing. He is not afraid to wander away and has no problem leaving me. He happily goes to daycare and other activies trusting that I will return later in the day. While his playful personality has not changed, his attacment and security is strong today.

To celebrate two years home, Jacob moved into a regular bed. M moved into his toddler bed last week and Jacob moved into a twin bed. He will stay in that bed for the next few months at least. I plan to eventually buy bunk beds for the boys but will wait until they are both a little older.

No comments: