Thursday, June 3, 2010

Daycare Search Is On

I am not completely sure why we have had such bad luck with daycares lately. Yesterday I met with the director of their current center. Let's just say that when she makes comments about always having trouble with "this kind of family" it is probably time to move on. I'm just not sure where we will be going. Do we go to a more expensive center and just try to make more cuts or do I leave Jacob where he is (he's not the one having problems) and separate M from him? I just don't know what to do. I'm not sure where to go from here and I am frustrated. I'm afraid that M's reputation may follow him if this director finds out where we are going. Unfortunately, her assessment of M is so far off base that I have no choice but to get him out of there as soon as possible. Now, I just need to figure out where they should go. Anyone have advice on what to look for in a quality care center? I'm getting desperate over here.


Katie Frances' Family said...

I wish I had a more personal suggestion for you, but I don't yet have experience with daycare (I stay home for now). I do, however, know someone locally with an adopted Ethiopian son who prefers to use the daycare at the YMCA instead of the more upscale daycare at the university where she works. The reason is that she wants to have her son in a diverse environment. I wonder if you might have a better experience, without having to shell out more money, somewhere like this?? Just a thought. I'm sorry about the trouble you're having...the comment made to you was completely inappropriate. I agree that you should get your child out of there ASAP. Good luck.

Waiting for Ethiopian infant referral, and mother to Katie (2)

Kim Foo said...

Heather - im so sorry for the way youve been treated. what is wrong with people? ugh. poor m. I vote keep em together. they are such mooshes for sure.