Saturday, June 5, 2010

What a Week!

This has been one of the worst weeks I have ever had. Probably the only worse weeks were when my grandparents died three days apart or when my other grandfather died. I found out that one of my children was receiving horrible treatment at a daycare center and made plans to withdraw him. I thought I was going to be short daycare on Monday but was able to convince the diretor to let us start Monday. She did seem a little concerned after hearing what the last daycare said but I assured her that story was not accurate. Of course, my tears and emotions may have helped her to take pity on me.

I believe our oldest cat died also. She has not been seen in a few days. She is normally an indoor cat but I have searched the house and cannot find her. I even pulled apart beds and looked in every box I could think of. No sign of her. No odors yet either though. I don't know if she passed away inside the house or went outside when one of the boys left the door open (which they did a lot this week). Either way she has never disappeared for this long so I am assuming the worse. I already miss her and just wish I could find her so we could bury her and have some closure. Our other cats were definitely missing her but they have been eating more again and seem to be doing better today. Death is so tough. I really hate death.

There were some bright spots in the week though. I was able to get both boys into daycare without a wait. It is a high quality daycare that has received good reviews from a social worker, school psychologists and other parents. I saw a little boy there who had experienced some difficulties at his last school and he was thriving there. I also spoke to a mother whose child had some behavioral challenges and stated the school was wonderful with her also. I really hope both boys like it there and are accepted. There is nothing worse than knowing your child is being treated poorly at daycare and not accepted just because of his status in society.

I have had the chance to spend three wonderful days with my boys. They have been great. Very few tantrums and some of the best listening I have ever seen out of them. They are really starting to grow up.

I spoke to two child psychologists about what happened at the last daycare. They both did a quick evaluation of one of my children and stated he is on target or ahead in all areas of social and emotional development. Yay! They also both stated they were impressed with my knowledge on child development and told me I was doing a great job. I really needed to hear that this week. They told me not to worry because children are resilient and both of my boys appear to be doing great.

Tomorrow starts a new week and I really hope it is better. It has to be. I don't know if we can take many more weeks like we had last week.

No comments: