Friday, June 18, 2010

The Justice System According To Jacob (Age 4)

Jacob came down with either strep throat or a bad sinus infection two nights ago. While we were leaving Urgent Care, Jacob was a security officer sitting near the doors. I tried to convince Jacob to just keep walking since it was late but he just had to talk to the officer. The officer didn't say anything except laugh a couple times. Jacob did all the talking. Here is his monologue.

"My mom is a police officer. She works (place of employment). My uncle is a lawyer. When my mom arrests people, my uncle throws them in jail. He asks a judge how long they should be there. Once the judge made someone stay for two whole days!"

For those of you who don't know, I work in law enforcement and my brother is an assistant district attorney.

No comments: