Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Cleaning House

It is time. The worst part of adoption for me. I have to begin to think about preparing for another home study. While there has been no move to begin the adoption process for M, I was told to start thinking about it. That means cleaning top to bottom and having my entire life scrutinized by a stranger. Not exactly fun.

Those people that know me know that I hate to clean. I had a cleaning service for a short period of time but had to stop due to expenses. I am serious considering tryign to find a way to get it back into the budget. I'm not sure how but it may be the best thing for us right now. Anyone know a good housekeeper in this area?

I also want to begin to get my house in order and cleaned up in case I decide to move in the next two years. I have begun today but have a long way to go. My first priority is to begin to clean out the toys. After 2 years home, Jacob has acquired a lot of toys and many have not been used in a very long time. My plan is to go through them in the near future while the boys are at school. I will keep them in the basement for a little while to make sure there aren't any toys that they really wanted and are now misisng. I'll also start with the toys at the bottom of the toy baskets that haven't seen daylight in the past year.

The next goal will be to get the walls repainted and a new rug for the dining room. I will probably end up replacing the living room carpet as well but I'm really not looking forward to it. I'll see what I can do with just hiring a professional to come in and clean it.

The next few weeks will be very busy. I have a lot of things I want to get done before another home study/adoption study and before I can sell my house.

No comments: