Saturday, April 25, 2009

Spring Soreness

We had beautiful weather in the low 80s yesterday. It was the first time I have really gotten outside and moved a lot since last fall. It was wonderful! Now I am sore.

I love spring and even look forward to being sore every year. This year is no different. Jacob decided to stay home from school so we spent the day together. After a quick breakfast, Grandpa, Jacob and I headed off to the batting cages. I need a lot of practice. It did not go as well as I had hoped it would. After looking or swinging at about 98 pitches, I gave up for the day. I will go back again next week after I give my body some time to rest. I finally began seeing the ball a little better at the end and making progress. I tweaked my swing a bit and seem to be doing better. Now it is just a matter of practicing until it becomes habit.

Jacob enjoyed watching me and did a wonderful job of waiting outside of the cage. He looked great in his batting helmet and carrying a bat around! I didn't bring my camera so you will just have to trust me. There is something about little kids and big batting helmets that just make me want to laugh. We talked about how he will be old enough to play t-ball next year and how much fun it will be.

After the batting cage, it was time for lunch. Grandma wanted to walk to lunch so we walked about 20 minutes to Subway. It was so nice to just be out in the sunshine again and enjoy the nice weather. I loved not being too hot or cold and just being able to walk around in a t-shirt.

We ended the day by going swimming after dinner. Jacob has become very good at it. I am enjoying swimming with him and watching him have so much fun. He was a little disappointed that there weren't any kids from lessons at the pool and decided he will have to come back when there are swimming lessons. The new session starts Wednedsday so he won't have to wait long.

Today is another busy day but one that is cloudy, cool and raining. I am taking the kids downtown for a little while and then cleaning the house. Nothing too exciting. Maybe the children's museum while waiting for my muscles to relax and recover.

No comments: